Friday, March 7, 2014

A New Plan...

Hello!

This week I decided to try a new plan to keep me motivated and productive. It worked a little bit. I decided to try to spend at least 30 minutes working on some art each day, and gave each day a theme.
Mini Monday
Tester Tuesday (sketches)
Watercolor Wednesday
Thoughtful Thursday (journal)
Finally Friday (work on main project)

As you can probably tell I like things that sound catchy. I spent 1 hour on Monday, 20 minutes on Tuesday, and about 15 minutes on Wednesday. Thursday nothing, and today I am writing to you. No art done :-(
What did I get done though....

Mini Monday

I prepped 4- 2" square canvas panels, and painted the background color for a small set. Then while I was waiting for some paint to dry I created a small 4" x 6" pastel picture of a lily pad with a flower.

Tester Tuesday

On Tuesday, I was lacking motivation, but I had 20 minutes to kill while cooking some rice so I did some sketching. I started working on the idea based on my troll doll "Trollina the Dragon Trainer". Here is what I have come up with so far.

Troll dolls are kind of weird, because they have big heads, big bellys, and little arms and legs. I gave her some eyelids and an earring; also some clothes! I will keep developing her and see where it goes.

Watercolor Wednesday

Another day where it is tough to get motivated... but I spent a few minutes and created a quick 5" x 8" painting based on a tutorial from the FrugalCrafter on Youtube.


Finally...

To wrap up the week.... that's it. The pastel and watercolor paintings will be available so purchase in my Etsy shop: MandilynJane so come check them out.

I will try again next week... hopefully I will create more art and spend less time playing Minecraft!

Please leave any comments or suggestion, and I hope you decide to follow this little blog! Thanks for reading! (You deserve a cake!)


Mandy




No comments:

Post a Comment