Thursday, November 7, 2013

First day of"Sketch A Day" challenge...

Hello!
As I promised yesterday, I started my "Sketch A Day" challenge. With the help of a library book, How to Draw Animals in simple steps by Polly Pinder, Susie Hodge, Eva Dutton, and Jonathan Newey. I chose to draw their cat featured on page 13.
The eyes are a bit big, but I think it is not too bad.

I started this challenge because I am not much of a sketcher. I prefer to color, and do abstract stuff, than try to draw realistic. My new job at an art studio requires that teach kids how to create realistic drawings, so I thought I should practice. This sketch is quite small, only about 3" squared.

Also, I said I would show you the finished Zentangle from yesterday.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it, and stay tuned for more.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment